Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by battue

Addition...And we can't forget that for perhaps 40 years I chased Ruffed Grouse to the extreme..30 to 40 flushes a day in the good times.

30-40 flushes a day doesn’t sound like you hit much of what you were shooting at.

Correct on not seeing every Bird and having Birds that you don’t pull the trigger. And then there are days when you just miss…combined with days when it seems easy.

Wisconsin had a 5 Bird per day limit…and then 40 flushes per day was easy…if you had to kill 5 to make it a great day…well you went home disappointed more often than not.

Can’t post cover pics right now…but when I get home will give you an idea..

Have one Michigan cover pic where a Bud and I put up 50 some Woodcock in a little over an hour. The actual shooting was slim. His Setter pointed a Grouse 4 times or so in a couple hundred yards…it finally flushed when the cover ran out. We heard it…but never saw it.

Pa strip mine covers gave a lot more open chances than other States Aspen cuts

Had a Springer that we figured brought back somewhere over 200 to us. So we hit a few…and the rest have added to total

The old timers said when hunting Grouse, two of the most important things you can take with you is a good pair of legs and ears.

Last edited by battue; 08/20/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler