Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Oh, I know I'm far from unique. But have hunted wild birds in at least 14 states, half a dozen Canadian provinces and territories, and at least five other countries on a couple other continents. Don't know how many species of gamebirds that involved, but lots more than the locations. Have fired over 1000 rounds on some of those days.

One thing I learned long ago is that shooting clays starts to bore the schidt out of me after a certain number, whether skeet, trap or Sporting Clays. But then different strokes for different folks. And I tend to believe Bob Brister's opinion on clay shooting more than yours.

I’ve had a lot of days, and truth be known, Entire Seasons where I didn’t fire 10 shots ! Pathetic yes,
but that’s Ruffed Grouse hunting on the down years of their cycle.

Had I wanted to , I could’ve fired a thousand rounds at Canada geese in those same years.

I can’t imagine the drudgery of carrying an American Skeet gun for grouse hunting,
or similarily a Trap cannon on a goose hunting expedition.

They may be accurate, but they’re not all that interesting when hunting.

Sporting guns tend to mount and swing nice, but they also tend to be a little heavier than a true field version.

Weight soaks up the recoil of a few hundred target shots, lighter guns tend to go along when the miles exceed the shot count, Ha

Last edited by 338Rules; 08/15/21. Reason: Spelling, Clarity, Sincerity

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.