Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Oh, I know I'm far from unique. But have hunted wild birds in at least 14 states, half a dozen Canadian provinces and territories, and at least five other countries on a couple other continents. Don't know how many species of gamebirds that involved, but lots more than the locations. Have fired over 1000 rounds on some of those days.

One thing I learned long ago is that shooting clays starts to bore the schidt out of me after a certain number, whether skeet, trap or Sporting Clays. But then different strokes for different folks. And I tend to believe Bob Brister's opinion on clay shooting more than yours.

I think this variety of game hunting experience is why I enjoy your writing so much. I could never match your field time on the species available. Even now when I’m retired !

I know exactly what you’re saying about clay targets becoming mundane. Nothing puts me to sleep quicker than American Trap singles, or Handicap with the pre-mounted gun. Doubles is a little livelier, but again American Skeet gets a little ritualistic. International low gun style is a bunch more stimulating. Dynamic mount & swing plus faster clays

The thing with clays is that after they leave the thrower, they are decelerating.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.