Originally Posted by battue
Pugs...

One fellow I know went to Maine last year...Over 100 flushes in three days.

Pheasants???? DuxDog here has a place in S.D. to stay and he feeds you well...it would be worth looking into if you want to hunt public land on your own and have a Dog....A friend of his has helped us out on finding spots..Seeing 100 to 200 Birds a day isn't uncommon. They can be on the wild side....but they screw up often enough...Hell, one even flew into a telephone line and killed itself.... wink

Just accepting my vest will have ME, NH and VT fishing and hunting licenses in it when we get up there.

We're hunting 22-24 Oct with an outfit out of Wagner SD (IIRC) - Hatari has it set up. Flying in and out of Sioux Falls on the aluminum tube. We don't have a dog right now, another situation to be rectified in retirement. I hesitate to put the breed and line I'm interested in on here to avoid starting a religious war grin I'll do it gun dogs as I get serious about the search.

Unless the right Spanish falls into my lap I'l take the Beretta 682 Sporting I've had since 1990

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated