Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I know a guy who died from a freak release of H2S at a natural spring. That stuff is immediately fatal when concentrations are over 500-1000 parts per million and concentrations of less than that can make you big time disoriented. It is said at lower concentrations you feel tired so you sit down and breath even more in. Couple that with it being heavier than air, it sinks so sitting down you breath in more concentrated amounts.

Who knows if that is what happened here, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Wouldn't there be dead wild animals all around that area, also?

If it was a sustained source, yes, I would guess so.
I was referring to a small pocket of sour gas that somehow got released. Not unlike the freak accidents involving a boulder naturally coming loose from a hillside and tumbling. No earthquake. No avalanch. Just a big rock that starts tumbling due to the geology constantly shifting.

I believe a pocket of sour gas somehow was released from a gas field in Wyoming in the 90`s and it killed 10-12 antelope that were bunched up downwind but nothing more. Just one of those wrong place at the wrong time kind of deals...

Who the hell knows...

If gas killed the people and dog there would still be gas in lung tissue. So it was not gas, besides gas can not accumulate on an open mountaintop

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN