More on Paulides, from one of his book reviews -
Quote:
I guess it's my fault for not conducting Due Diligence on David Paulides before I purchased. Like many I have been listening to interviews with Paulides for about a year and on the surface what he is saying sounds convincing and plausible. Then I bought this book and pretty soon alarm bells started ringing all over the place. Most notably, I cannot accept that any self respecting Law Enforcement Officer would draw the conclusions Paulides has. Also the "chilling" descriptions of cases that Paulides talks about on radio interviews are not found in this book but rather this is a list of very short statements about missing person cases that upon closer inspection Paulides has heavily edited and often quite frankly lied about, in fact, most of the content has been taken from the reports found in Off the Wall and Over the Edge (who had no trouble getting these reports from the National park Service) which have been edited by Paulides to give the impression that something mysterious is going on. Even more ludicrous is the "conclusions" he somehow wrings out of these cases.

For example - Person A goes missing in 1938. Person B goes missing in 1998. For no other reason than this happened within the same Three months period there HAS to be a connection we are not being told about.
Another example Person A goes missing in a Storm in 1962. Person B goes missing in 2002. Again for no other reason than there was bad weather on both occasions there MUST be a connection to both of them. It Really is that silly.

Paulides conveniently forgets to mention known causes of missing persons such as "Terminal Burrowing" or "Hypothermia Psychosis" "Paradoxical Undressing" and the most common of all "Life insurance claim scams".
When the official reports he reproduces in this book don't fit in with his criteria he either edits out key parts of the report or fabricates things.

Even his Credentials are complete fiction, he was never a "Detective for over 20 years" as he likes to claim, he was a Traffic Police Officer for 16 years who resigned in disgrace after his arrest for Fraud and Theft. To claim that you were a Detective for over 20 years when in fact you were a Traffic Cop of less than 16 years before being convicted of using your position to sell Fake Celebrity Autographs is Absurd and Highly Deceptive. This is most likely why his requests for information, if he even made those requests, were denied because of his background and what he wanted to do with the information. Another fact that Paulides neglects to mention is that he is the Architect of another Scam with the Equally despicable Melba Ketchum charging people in excess of 50 USD to look at a Fake "Scientific Journal" claiming to show Evidence of Bigfoot DNA (DENOVO MAGAZINE). Only after paying this money to Him and Ketchum do people Discover that there is in fact no Scientific Journal and No DNA test proving the Existence of Bigfoot.

I think the reason I fell for this scam was because I never thought anyone would be so distasteful as to use something such as missing children to make money - I was wrong. David Paulides seems to be in a big squabble with other Big Foot researchers as to who can sell the most books and as a believer in them (I won't go into why here) I can honestly say that these beings will be rolling around laughing at his stupidity.

For references and case examples there is a fascinating, rather heated discussion between Paulides and some real researchers calling him out on his lies that can be found at -

http://www.amazon.com/review/R17M0A...Thread=Tx25GXIYGHL42A9&store=books#w