Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
. The one similar thing that really gets me is dog behavior or not able to track. I know working, tracking, and hunting dogs, its a hard one to digest.
If you have any real experience with tracking and hunting dogs you would know that they aren't anywhere near 100% reliable in tracking sc-hit. Better than most humans, sure - but not foolproof by any stretch of the imagination.
Hell, just 2 months ago I was sitting behing a restaurant eating my lunch when a saw a teenage black yute come sprinting along the woodline at the back of the parking lot and down to the corner where he cut through the trees and headed towards some apartments on the other side of about a 20-foot wide strip of woods. Seconds later I hear police sirens coming from all directions and a police car runs up on me and asks me if I've seen anyone fitting the guy's description. Apparently he had rear-ended another car a the stoplight about 200 yards away and had jumped out and run. I told them yes I had seen him and pointed to where he had gone. They said they had a canine unit on the way and asked if I would show the canine officer where the guy ducked into the woodline. I did. And that dog didn't track a damn thing. Couldn't find squat.