Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
A working dog ain’t a working dog, they are trained for different things. I don’t expect a drug or explosive dog to trail a negro.
Several times in my career I found drowning victims while high powered cadaver dogs were barking every where but where the body was. In every case the dog handlers chalked up another find for their dog even if he was on point barking 200 yards upstream of the body.
I wonder if they find the point where the victim went in, then got swept downstream?
The scent would have left with the moving water. Those dogs weren't smelling the bodies I found. When there was a gang of boats dragging an area and coming up with nothing on an unwitnessed drowning I moved somewhere else to drag or look. One time on a particularly tragic case I told my partner for us to go on downstream to look because the dad would have swam after his 4 year old kid who had been found frozen to death in a life jacket. We let our boat drift with the current and found him visible in shallow water 2 miles from where the boat was found. The dogs were 2 miles away upstream barking on scent.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."