I've been following this. Wait for the toxicology report. Given the location they were found, on a steep, switchbacked section of trail apparently returning to the car, this is not a gas situation. Gases either rise if they're lighter than air, dissipate with any breeze at all if they're the same density as air, or sink to a low spot, which this was not, if they are heavier than air. I think that's off the table. Whatever got them, it got them all at once and it was something all partook in ... even the dog. That seemingly means food or water. Authorities are testing the water in their water bladder(s) as well as doing toxicology on the bodies. I think we're going to find that they were poisoned, either by getting bad water down at the stream before leaving or by someone ... themselves or others ... putting something poisonous in their water. This could well be a family suicide. Need to check family finances andf also check to see if any of them have a terminal medical condition. .. that's just my best guess based on what the media has released .. risky obviously.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...