Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Uncle Alva…..Sometimes we get lost. Sometimes we can’t see the logic in our existence or find our value in the world. It’s easy to feel insignificant or burdensome. We don’t know or understand God’s plans but if you are still here then he obviously isn’t done with you…. you are of indispensable value to Him. In a much smaller sense, I find your posts and opinions to be thought provoking and worthwhile. Your contributions here are useful and appreciated and I hope you’ll continue to share them with us.

I sincerely hope that you and your wife are able to put aside your pride and figure out how to reconnect on a meaningful level. Only you know if the relationship is worth saving but if there’s even a tiny amount of love I would pray for it to flourish. It’s almost never too late for 2 people to rekindle their love and join one another on life’s path. If there definitely is no longer love in your relationship and you both are miserable then perhaps you’re right and it is over. At 69 with the feeling of emptiness that you have currently I would follow the advice of our Alaskan friend…..I’d move north and live my final years on my terms.

I’m sorry that you are feeling the way you are. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope you’re able to find peace and happiness in everything you do.

Nothing to add here - wonderfully stated.
Keep the head up Uncle Alvah!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D