Originally Posted by Jahrs
You are getting some good advice but mostly bad advice, in my opinion. We as men need to prioritize and accordingly go about our business. My advice would be to set your eternal affairs in order since you believe that you don’t have much longer to live. You may die tomorrow or you may live 20 more years. “What profit of a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul”?I’m sure you’ve heard that Bible verse before. It is so true! if you were to die tomorrow and go out into eternity without the salvation of Jesus Christ’s Gospel you will be doomed in hell forever, on the other hand, if you are saved you’ll be with Christ in paradise/heaven forever. My advice to you would not to open the Bible and lucky dip and find a verse and think that God is speaking to you but first open the Bible to the book of John and read who Jesus is and get acquainted with Him, Then repent and be saved ans the burden/guilt of sin will be lifted. You will then have a new nature and outlook on life. You then can proceed from there but that’s where and how I would start to regroup.

Pretty good advice.

Alvah, you're being called. You may not recognize it now. But your are, indeed. But pick up your Bible and read it. Start in John. Start in Matthew. Just start. I would, however, recommend that you start in the New Testament. And don't approach it trying to understand it. By grace, understanding will be given to you, usually when you realize it's speaking to you directly. Yes it speaks to all of us, but in your case, when you read it, by God, you'll recognize it's speaking specifically and uniquely to you.

Take a brief listen to Dr Martyn Lloyd Jones. Start at about the 18:00 mark.