Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The first part of your response seemed disconnected from my central question.

In those thousands of miles of riding you have done, you have ridden roads where dozens if not hundreds of motorists have seen you and taken proper action. Had one not seen you, what was it that magically made you "hard to see" to that driver?

I’m always harder to see than, say, an Amish buggy or tractor. I make allowances for being on my mirrors and totally vacating the asphalt in a heartbeat if necessary.

I am asking a lot from drivers. Why have I not been hit yet?

Luck.

This is the second response that didn't answer the question.

Hundreds of motorists safely passed you because they saw you. What could magically make you hard to see to a driver in the same conditions on the same road?

You are not asking a lot from me as a driver to not run over you when you are riding in compliance with the law. I am telling you, it is ridiculously simple.

You cyclists are friggin' crazy.

SP, pretty much all the cycling threads end up this way............

I spent 24 years in a job where my 'Mission' was to provide for 'the Safe, Orderly, Expeditious' flow of air traffic............ in that order....

What I, and the others like me, really did was look for stuff that was going to go bad............... Nobody got in trouble when things were going 'right'....

If you're into that sort of thing, looking for the potential for bad, then road cycling is a wet dream....

IMHO....

Last edited by Muffin; 08/15/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )