Originally Posted by Oldquailhunter
The only load they’ve ever used on game is Nosler 85 grain partition loaded to right at 3,000 FPS in a Remington model 7 with 18 1/2 inch barrel.

Thanks

I have a pair of 243’s with 100g NPt’s 2nds that have accounted for 14 elk. I’ve been the shooter or standing beside the shooter for all of them. One cow ran 80 yds, another cow ran 40 yds and required a second round, everything else died within 30 yds, none of them fell down and died on the spot.

I’ve been using almost exclusively Partition, Ballistic Tip, and Accubond 2nds for 15+ years and have never seen any evidence of inferior performance.

Nosler is adamant 2nds are simply blemished bullets, and the unblemished bullets from the same production run go out the door as 1sts.

There is always a chance a production run of bullets with some kind of flaw made it out the door. But that would be based on bullet performance, rather how far the critter ran.

I have always been a armpit shooter when possible, but I’ve witnessed enough elk, deer, pronghorns, and one moose shot through both shoulders with an exit and still run a ways that I have never bought into the concept breaking shoulders stops critters on the spot.

With the recent batch of 2nds you’re using has the range the deer are being shot changed? I ask because I have noticed at hair burning range Partitions seen to open a lot quicker and penetrate less.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.