Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One weekends work with a .243, all DRT 1 did go about 10 yards backwards, I've posted this picture before, I've never had any trouble killing deer with a .243, I am not a fan of blood trails. Rio7
Jack rabbits ? LOL. I don't see many lung shots there. When you hunt them afoot in the woods like I do, you often don't get to put your bullet where you might choose and from the angle you'd prefer but rather you put it in the spot that is clear of obstruction from the angle that's offered.

That and a 40 yard death dash into a tangled hell of underbrush 25 minutes after sunset can make for a deer that's nigh impossible to find.
Says something about Rio’s marksmanship and where he hits’em. I’ve seen chest shot WT’s run that far hit with a 26 Nosler. Chest shooting to save meat is OK, if you’re not in a thicket. In that setting, better nail’em so you can find them, worry about meat loss later.

DF
You shoot them where there's a clear path for your bullet that will go through something vital. You can't shoot them in the neck if there's a tree between you and it. Lung shot deer will usually run aways no matter what you shoot them with. We don't all sit on our asses in a stand, shooting house or blind and shoot at unobstructed deer over a feeder, food plot, field or shooting lane.