Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Never been a fan of the cartridge my 15 yr old son has one he’s shot 2 deers with it and I used it to kill a 20” 8 pt out of all 3 deers 7 shots were used
Bullet?

Placement?

I have killed probably 20 with a 243 or 6mm. Dad killed 20 or more with my 6mm, 85 grain Sierra Varminter.. My pard has killed over 50 with the 243. We never noticed them lacking provided they were shot where they were supposed to be shot and with a semi soft bullet.

100 grain Gamekings and 85 grain Sierra Varminter SP gave the quickest kills with a 95 grain Partition close behind.

80 grain Sierra Blitz Varminters are rough on em too.

Smaller calibers and railroad spike tough bullets on an animal that weighs 250# at most makes no sense.

95 gr ballistic tips 100 gr fusions 100 gr pro hunter

All shots less than 100 yds not impressed
The 20” 8 pt I used it on took a 95 gr ballistic tip thru the boiler and just stood there 25 yds looking 😳one more he tipped over.My boy is dead eye dick and shoots like pops he’s jumping on the 270 band wagon or 308 😉
Did you like the Prohunter performance better than the performance of the "tougher" bullets?

Never been a fan of tough bullets and a .22 or .24 caliber on deer. Get that bullet turning loose and it flat kills.

That 95 BT is what some call "tough", the exact reason I haven't tried em.

Want a bullet that flat kills deer and most die where they stand, get some Sierra Gamekings. Yeah they are rough on meat but you don't have any rodeos and you see em go down in sight, none of this following blood BS.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 11/14/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!