Originally Posted by RIO7
Blackheart, OK You don't like the .243, it's good you know your limitations, I think it was Elmer Kieth that said do your hunting and tracking before you pull the trigger, Blood trails are not all that wonderful no matter what you used to shoot a critter, I prefer a good tracking dog they save a lot of time playing Indian Tracker, We shoot about 550 Whitetails and about 250-300 Exotics a year, not all with a .243 but more than a few, we rarely have to track a critter but when we have to it's the shooter not the Cambering or bullet used it's 99.9% the shooter. YMMV Rio7
And you're shooting off hand, in the woods, at varying angles with obstructions between you and the deer ? I doubt it. And I did not say I don't like the .243. I've kept one around since the '80's and have killed a pile of deer and assorted varmints with it. In fact, I'll be taking mine to fill some doe tags on a farm next week where I'll be shooting from a stand in fields or open hardwoods. It has it's uses and limitations.