BH, I wont argue with you that I prefer a bigger caliber when encountering any and all possibilities of shots, although I've killed plenty with a 6mm.

I shoot mostly 30 caliber but that's mainly because I just happen to have plenty of 30-06's along with a 308 in the mix.

I gotta say though I've been thoroughly impressed with the somewhat diminutive 35 Remington in albeit limited examples so far. A broadside 80'sh yard shot behind the shoulder on a smaller buck resulted in going virtually no where. Blood all over. A shoulder shot on a larger doe at just over 100 yds flopped her over belly towards me and not sure she even kicked.

And one if not my largest buck at a tick under 100 yds on a steep downhill shot and hard quartering away. Bullet entered high and back, went lengthwise and exited just behind the off shoulder. He made it 60 yds, stumbling hard the last 20, blood out both sides. That bullet had to traverse a long ways to exit but still did a lot of damage to the lungs. That was the Speer 180 FP.

In all cases you could eat right up to the hole. Extremely limited bloodshot, including the shoulder shot doe. I got a lot of confidence in that round at reasonable ranges.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.