Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LBP
A lotta guys on this thread have problems killing deer with the .243. I think they’re unknowingly commenting on their marksmanship. I’ve never had a problem with the .243 and I’ve killed shietloads of deer and antelope with it. In fact I rarely use one for deer nowadays as it’s overkill.

......and true. Guys need to get out in the field and practice more I guess.
Simple as that Pard!

Sure is. I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving Les. I've been teaching my girlfriend to shoot her 243 at distance. She's loving it! We were at the range the other day and I was going over the ballistic plex reticle with her. A guy sitting at the next bench over stopped shooting. And when she was done, said, "I wish I could get to that level of shooting, she's making it look too easy!!" She was tagging the targets using the holdovers from 100 to 400 yards.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
She even got a little full of herself and started hitting the yote silhouette in the head. I told her, when she can make constant hits with boring regularity, then I'll take her jackrabbit and coyote hunting. That is where she is going to do her best learning!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA