The last shot I fired at game was on 12/27/19, a .35 Whelen at a cow elk. On 1/2/20 a bad vehicle wreck put an end to shooting (Dr.s orders) for a year. Then a heart attack on 2/20 sidelined me again and on 3/22 cancer. Damn Dr.s keep saying it's too soon to resume shooting anything. On the day of the vehicle accident, I was on my way to the range to do last minute checks on a 7x57 that I planned to try on an elk hunt that I was scheduled to start in two days. Idiot in a dump truck cost me that hunt and the time lag on shooting, not to mention a badly bruise heart. Doc thinks that led to the heart attack. The doc did say to shoot rifles with mild recoil so as to not disturb the stents or the port for the chemo. When the weather cleans up a bit, I'll take a few rifles to the range. Probably my .223, .243, .257 Robt., and 7x57 Mauser. Probably the 7x57 will have to be my limit for a long time and will have to decide whether to stick to wimpy factory loads or will I be able to comfortably handle the 7-08 level handloads? I'm hoping I can do the 7-08 level loads and try one more elk hunt before the passing time comes. We'll just have to see.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE