Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Jim585
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Honest question with no agenda when I ask this. I wonder what is better for killing a lesser recoiling rifle running on all 8 cylinders or a larger chambering throttled down?
Great question. Looking forward to responses.

Reduced recoil loads can be plenty accurate and bullet performance doing 2500 fps will be the same wether it was fired from a 300 Savage or a 30/06.

That isn’t what I was talking about. I was thinking more along the lines of a 243 shooting a 95gr ballistic tip at 3,000+ fps or something downloaded to the same recoil. That’s why I said for killing. I understand such and such bullet going 2,500 fps is the same performance no matter what chambering.

I for one admire the man for saying he hates recoil and wants something to hunt with that doesn’t have a lot of it. Too many good low recoiling options to shoot something you don’t like. I wouldn’t care if a bunch of strangers on the internet approved or not. I bet several people that have replied on this thread kill less than 2-3 deer a year. Plenty who shoot half a dozen plus do it year after year with centerfire 22’s and 6mm’s. I wouldn’t make it any harder or more uncomfortable than it has to be.