Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Seafire
I gave it to a hunter I'd ran into earlier, who was hunting for bear... he'd been tracking this one evidently... I let him tag it and have it...

Something tells me that bear was running for momma for which it mistook you, but in any event I must ask, is this legal?

Did this ‘charge’ happen in Oregon?

Bluff charge. He has a bear tag. Shoots and kills bear. Gives bear to another hunter. Legal in Oregon?

My understanding, if he tagged the bear, then gave the bear away. Yes.

🦫

T: this right here...and it wasn't running for momma. evidently he got kicked up by the other hunter, that I gave the bear to. I was assuming I'd see a buck coming up the hill, NOT a bear... he smelled me after passing a big pine, its hair on its neck went up and it charged. no false charge etc.. He took 3 steps, I pulled the trigger... anyone else would have done the same thing... over getting their ass chewed up...

Its legal on what I did... I wasn't planning to just abandon the dead bear...
the other hunter was after him, so he was more than happy to take it.. he left with my tag.
He said his Uncle was a F&G officer anyway... I did what I knew as the correct thing to do..
case closed...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez