Ok, lurk in here often and look at folks photos and have a question about digital SLR's and proper choice. FYI I got one few days ago and am considering swapping out or upgrading with the store which is my option.

As for me, most of my history was film related. Was a photography major in college in the early 90's until I changed since it appeared digital would take over--at the time the dark room was one of my favorite places and the idea of no prints was simply sad. I have had and used/abused a couple Nikon F3HP's and a Nikon F100, but ultimately got rid of all my gear (except my enlarger and other darkroom stuff I have stashed in my folk's shed) and since have used a couple Canon Elph powershots and loved them. The older of the two has a couple hundred dives on it many below 100' using a canon factory housing. The second is my current camera I use for hunting and fishing.

So I am finally at a place where I want to take art quality photo's again and wanted to decide on a digital SLR. I love my canon point-n-shoots, and enjoyed beating the hell out of my dad's AE1 back in the day. But all my SLR experience has been with NIKON--and therein lies my comfort. So, when I picked up my recent camera, I got a D80. Now looking back, I am considering upgrading to the D300, but there seems to be a ton of Canon folks pushing the 40D. I will admit I like the controls on the Nikon's back more, but am open and know I will accustom to whatever I use.

So whats the deal these days? Which way to go.

Thanks,

Will

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.