Man Redneck, I'm sorry you took my comments as a "slam" on you. They certainly weren't meant to be. I gave you the same advice before buying your gear, and now posting my thoughts of a much better system for the same cash in case others are reading and doing their own research. I stand by the advice in that post, that's my honest opinion, and I can't see how that's a slam against you personally. You apparently think the D300/lens combo you bought is a better buy, and I applaud you for sticking to your guns.

Please also don't bring up elitism, that's seriously not the case here my friend. Nikon kits cost way more than Canon for equivalent gear in most cases, so if there is any elitism, it should be directed the other direction.

Again, I apologize to you for taking my comments as a slam, they certainly were not meant that way. I'm happy for you that you received a nice $4k kit this week. Heck, I wish I had some $4k toys delivered at my door too laugh I love those days laugh laugh

I really would like to see some images. I would never say "you should have bought a Canon". Your learning curve will be much quicker if you allow others here, including myself, to give you a helping hand. Have your images critiqued, and improve upon them. That's the way it works, and we've all been through it.

Rob