Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Stetson

No matter which brand you buy if you think that you are going to buy any body at this juncture that will last you your camera shooting life time I think you are going to be sorely dissapointed in the future.
Hey, I'm lucky if I last another ten years.. You youngsters will need more investments in camera bodies.
No matter what you buy understand that you need to invest in glass. Bodies will come and go.
No kidding.. That's been the rule of thumb since I bought my first SLR in 1967.
BTW The 5D with code PS1107QZIZF is just a hair over $2,000 at B&H.
That's 'cause you have more cameral dealers around.. Severely limited in these parts.. There's like, two stores; three tops... They figger they have you by the short hairs..
You might also want to see how many used D300's they have for sale Vs 5D's.
Well, since the 5D's been around since 2005 or so, and the D300 is new, I can't believe anyone would have any of those used, now would they?? laugh laugh

I would expect to see a lot more used 5D's than D300's. A body that has been out longer should see significantly more used available, not less. To me it says a lot when THE biggest dealer in the US doesn't have one used 5D body available. Not a very promising sign to see a lot of used D300's for sale when they have only been on the street a few months. I have no idea why you wouldn't think they would carry used 5D's. The 5D is still a current production body. FYI The 5D wasn't even announced until fall of 2005 much less put in production and on store shelves. With reference to Camera dealers I think I missed your point. Who cares about local shops when you have every major camera shop available right at home on your PC?