Originally Posted by VTi
Canon does take good care of me.

The "fan boy" thing gets me a bit irritated as well. Honestly, I'm as least loyal of a consumer as can possibly be. I'm all about top performance, even obsessed to a certain extent.

Did not mean to imply to you, or really anyone here that they're biased to the extent that nothing else will be considered, exception being to Stetson, who has posted indications otherwise.. What I was trying to say is that I understand there CAN (emphasis) be some brand loyalty there that tends to push one toward a product ahead of others.. And I'm the same way and I admit it.. I won't drive a truck other than a Ford, and my favorite rifle's a Win. M70.. That said, I never, ever, tell someone that whatever they choose other than those two items is a pos.. I build rifles on several actions, Rem, Win, Mausers and the like.. They're all rifles to me.. I just know the M70's better...

I sincerely did not mean to imply you're guilty of overt bias.. You're pm's to me have always been courteous, informative and neutral as much as possible..

I fully appreciate that, more than you may know..

But please keep in mind that you guys are pretty much professional photogs, while I'm a novice and clearly stated so right up front.. No sense trying to explain trigonometry to a 10 year old... Gotta add, subtract, multiply and divide first.. That's where I'm at..

To Stetson, this D300 is a P&S.. His opinion, stated in the manner above, is not the way to win fans...

Obviously, this is not the forum to learn anything about photography... Too bad, really.. I was hoping for better.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!