Slow down, Dave... slow down... It's possible I looked at the wrong body, but I'm pretty sure it was the one you mentioned.. I was on the Canon website and they show the price of that body at $7,999.00...

I've never knocked Canon as you state. I've tried to be honest in my appraisal as to what I'm looking for and what's out there.. I know Canon makes a great product; they have for years. I just cannot see the advantage of obtaining a Canon over the D300 for the purposes I'm going to use it for, that's all.

As to knocking cameras, Dave, it seems YOU have had a real issue with anyone considering anything other than Canon. From the outset you've basically stated anything else is a pos... Ok, that's your opinion, but it isn't mine...

Since you're a self-appointed professional, I'm sure you have tons more experience than I have.. I've stated from the outset that I'm really not experienced in this and have been trying to learn. It's too bad that you haven't really read my posts or you would have possibly absorbed that little tidbit.. I'm not going to use this camera for anything even close to any professional level..

I also didn't accuse anyone here of brand loyalty to the exclusion of anything else.. VTi at least has been fairly neutral on the subject and it's much appreciated.. YOU, on the other hand, have nothing but obvious disdain for anything other than Canon.

Do you have a 1DmkIII on a pedestal that you bow to every morning????

Geez, man....

Sorry if I got a bit hot here, but your last post has me thoroughly PO'd...

Ok, for the record: EOS 1DmkIII is (ala Canon website) $4,495. The 1DsmkIII is the one that's $7,999.00..

MY MISTAKE... HAPPY NOW???

Last edited by Redneck; 02/20/08. Reason: clarification

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!