Will -- You ended up with the correct gear my friend, and I'll personally help you get into the game, and shorten that learning curve if you need. Just speak up if you need help getting started with anything.

That's too bad you had to make an extra trip though, but at least you got that extra sign to help you out laugh Two of my photographer friends bought the new Nikons the day they became available (one a D300, the other a FF D3) and they both did the same thing, except after a couple months of use. Just totally dead. And that's where the [bleep] part about Nikon comes in... both SLR's are still at Nikon and no word when they will be returning. This has caused one of them to buy a Canon 1DmkIII like mine and he's thrilled, the other is just too stubborn to accept change laugh and is using his old D2x until he happens to see his gear come back.

I've owned 7 Canon dSLR's and have had to send in only 1 for a repair. I called them, they emailed me a prepaid UPS Overnight shipping label, fixed the camera in 3 days and overnighted it back to me. I was out for 5 days including shipping... that's one reason people like Canon. Nikon makes a good product occasionally, but you're "going it alone", better hope nothing goes wrong frown

Feel free to PM me or post here and we'll get that gear up and running in no time laugh Congrats on buying a very nice piece of kit.