Originally Posted by Redneck

As to knocking cameras, Dave, it seems YOU have had a real issue with anyone considering anything other than Canon. From the outset you've basically stated anything else is a pos...

I'd greatly appreciate you backing this up. And just for the record it was my error above when I indicated I thought you had edited your post. Honestly you have me seeing side ways. I have to wonder if you can appreciate how condescending and sarcastic some of your responses have been over the last few days to people who have seriously tried to help you out.
In either event I'd greatly appreciate you showing me just where I indicated Nikon is a pos. A few quotes of mine from this thread regarding brand loyalty;

"Many independent pros use the the lower end of both Canon and Nikon."

"I have no loyalty to either brand.(Canon Vs Nikon) All I care about is features, functionality and performance"

"I think you could have made a wiser choice but that has nothing at all to do with brand in this case"

"If you are interested in Nikon you may want to check out the Nikonians web site.The D300 is indeed a sweet machine. If you get it I Hope to hear if you like it. "