Well, congratulations about your new camera.
-----
That said, now that I have a little experience with digital SLR cameras, this is how I will decide: lens first, camera body second. Why? I have been a long Nikon film camera user, and three years ago decided to buy a Canon Rebel XT. It has been a nice little camera, but since Canon upgrades its cameras just about every year, the body is second to the lens. Simple as that. In three years, the XT has been upgraded to the XTi, and now the XTi has been upgraded. While the body is upgraded, the lenses are forward compatible. Sooo, for a year or two, while I wait to upgrade to a 40D or 50D, I plan to buy a couple of L lenses. I will start with one without IS, the 200mm f/2.8L II USM, and a Kenko Pro 300 1.4x teleconverter. Both the lens and the teleconverter are black, and the lack of image stabilization on the lens brings the price down to $600.00, one third cheaper than a similar L lens with IS.

Also, in deciding which body to buy, I don't decide on how the camera feels in my hands, since what matters its what's inside the camera: components, and features.

Last edited by Ray; 02/21/08.