WELL---did a 180 degree turn. Got home, long drive back to Kenai from Anchorage and found a had a dud of a D300 body, it wasn't recognizing the lenses and they had a little play when locked in, the display would read F0, then when you turned a bit more, even while already locked in, it would register the correct F-stop and the AF would work. Completely miffed, so another long 3hr drive through the mountains back again, and now have a Canon 40D, 38-135 kit and 70-200/2.8 lens. Very happy, battery on charge and praying no issues. I was so on the fence between the two that when the Nikon had issues, figured it a sign and went with Canon. Made for a long weekend with two road trips squeezed in however. Will report after a bit of use. You Canon folk better been telling the gospel, I simply do not have time for another Anchortown trip. LOL.

Oh, swap out and had the camera store check out the body, they hadn't experienced it before, said it would be going back to Nikon. Good service with me though.

Thanks all.

Will

Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.