Originally Posted by VTi

Originally Posted by JJHACK
Wow, my 2200 bucks for the stuff I bought now seems rather pathetic!

And the funny part is you bought a much better, more functional kit.

For the record, if there's anyone else out there looking to spend $3800.00 on a dSLR kit, please look hard at this set up instead:

Canon 40D
17-40/4 L
24-70/2.8L
70-200/4 L IS
580EX II Speedlite Flash

Redneck. This package is worth the same as what you spent on the D300 and 17-55 (I believe that's the lens you said you bought). This is +/- a few dollars compared to a D300 and SINGLE wide angle lens crazy crazy

Just make sure to keep all the packaging, there's still time to return it and get a very good "all around" kit laugh For that kind of coin, why limit to pure wide angle photography?
Hmm, more slams.. Rodney Dangerfield has NOTHIN' on me..

Let's talk about it laugh There may be hope for you yet laugh (that was my bit of sarcasm laugh )
Wanted to, but it's even more obvious that nothing's going to work out here.. frown

What the perception that I'm getting is roughly the same attitude that I used to encounter at ATA events, elitism... At the ATA, if you're not carrying a Perazzi or Krieghoff, the brushoff is immediate and permanent.

It's ok. I'm a big boy.. But I won't be posting any pix on this site for others to pick apart, laugh at and say "told you to buy a Canon"..

JJ, I tried to send you a pm but your file's full... You and I go back a long ways, back to the old "shooters" days.. Maybe I'm getting a bit thin-skinned in my old age but I think you know more of who I am and am about than the others here. Hope you understand..

Best to you all,

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!