Dan;

great post, and i always keep a gun around of some sort sighted for CB's. i also have a fetish for assorted contender carbines ranging from the .17 calibers up to 45/70, and most everything in between.

my current "short shooter" dedicated to Cb's is a Marlin boltgun topped off with a 2x7 leupy. Havent had it very long really, bought it at a gunshow for a giveaway price because someone had broke the safety lever off ($7 to fix as i recall) so i drug it home & keep it stuffed with Cb shorts. it was even one of the snazzy "ducks unlimited" editions with the shiny little brass medallion in the stock. grin

Accuracy with the remmy CB's is somewhat ho-hum, need to feed it some other brands to see what flavor it likes.

as a kid, i did a LOT of squirrel hunting in the riverbottoms by sitting right under a big mulberry tree with my Marlin 39-M mountie stuffed with CB's or short, depening on what was in teh ammo caniet at the time.....the quiet CB's didnt spook the squirels in the area, and i pop them out of the tree & let them lay where they fell, over the course of a few hours i'd bag several, then pick up the whole lot.

Regards;

Gerald

============================================================