I'm also a big fan of CB's. I tend to use CCI Longs because that's what's available locally. About a year ago, I bought a Paco Tool and give the bullets a minor resizing. This improves groups and the slightly dished-faced bullet seems to hit a little harder. The Paco kit also contains a punch which creates hollow points, but I've found this to be a waste of time on CB's. The hollow points won't expand no matter what you shoot them into.
I mostly use CB's on pests raiding my vegetable garden and 20 tropical fruit trees. My "hate meter" registers as follows:
Cottontail rabbits send me into a wall-eyed rage. If one appeared in my yard while I was talking to a leggy young PETA volunteer named Jill at my front door, I'd still grab my rifle and begin pinging away instantly.
Raccoons. I don't really get any pleasure from trapping and shooting every one that I see, whether they are causing problems or not, but I still do. It's just something that must be done. Sooner or later, they will begin causing problems.
Possums. I generally leave them alone until certain fruit become ripe and they start raiding.
Armadillos. I ignore them until they take to rooting in my vegetable garden. Then, they get whacked. They're welcome to root in my lawn without retaliation.
Feral cats. No problem. Nobody feeds them. We only have a few here, and who knows, they might be killing rats and mice out there at night. Go for it, kitties!
I live in a rural area in Florida, and we certainly have wild hogs here. I sometimes see them on my morning runs, and some of my neighbors have had them rooting in their yards, but they haven't come on my property yet. When they do, the war begins.
The great thing about my neighborhood is anybody can fire large weapons anytime they want, and nobody complains. It happens all the time. Even though I've been assured that nobody would get angry if I controlled my nocturnal pests with something louder than a .22 CB, I have too much respect for my neighbors than to disturb their slumbers in the middle of the night.
We're just one big redneck family around here!