I tried shooting a grown beaver in the head years ago with a 4" S&W kit gun. The beaver was about 10-12 ft away at the other end of a trap chain and the bullet simply knocked a piece of hide off the skull right between the blinkers and from his body language REALLY POed the beaver, this is not a good idea BTW and I really thought he was going to attack, which they will do on occassion. Next round in the cylinder was a Super X LR which calmed the situation.
This ended my playing with the CB which *IMO* is useless. This may have been the CCI LR cased version.
Now I suppose its possible that with perfect angles it might make a hole. But other than wading out to the beaver (another bad idea) there was no way to get a better angle. I would never trust one for a similar application.

If we read Forsythe's "The Sporting Rifle and Its Projectiles" 1862 we will find the following passage.
"The prime object of a shot fired at any animal of chase, be it the bashful sort that fly from you, or the audacious sort that fly at you, is, if possible, to kill or disable that animal on the spot."

From what I have heard hogs sometimes "fly" at people if this occurs there is no careful head shot, you need a "stopper".

Dan