My comment was smartass indirectly

Well, I didn't really see it that way but I suppose perception is 99% of reality. Sounds like beavers have harder noggins than hogs though. One of the things I do with this, implied but not clearly stated earlier, is aim for the target, not the piece of hide overlaying it. By that I mean if I'm going for a cervical shot, I am aiming for vertebrae. Not sure that makes sense, but in essence I am aiming for the system I want to disrupt. Brains, not foreheads?

So far as bullets bouncing off, the reports I've read of various .22 RF bullets bouncing off of critters are numerous. Some I don't give credence and others I do. The event I told earlier about the .30-30 bouncing off tells me that if you have a shallow enough impact angle, anything is possible. If I'm shooting one today with the CB I wait for as near as perpendicular as possible between skull and bullet path for this reason. Such angles can be had if a hog is feeding, or if they are aware of you, they will alternate between looking at you over their nose (raised) and then lowering their snout nearly to the ground for a brief moment. If I don't get that presentation, I don't shoot.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain