Hi Digital Dan

Since you apparently post on the WSU site, check with SPG and ask him. He was running traps with me. He saw the beaver after I got it out of the trap.

I understand the need for noise reduction. I understand pest control.

Yes, they have hard skulls, yes the angle was bad. I have little doubt that with a perfect angle its probably going to punch through, but I can get to the brain at any angle with a LR. Shoot for the neck? I don't want holes behind the ears if I am selling the fur.
But the bottom line is still as follows.
CB bounced off, LR did not. I shot with the CB, saw the result thumb cocked it and shot again just that fast so its not like I had a different angle etc. Even if they worked 3 out of 5 times it would not be good enough.

For those that have beaver trouble, it is very unlikel that shooting is going to work vry well (maybe maybe not) so find someone who knows how to do control work. But he has to be allowed access to the necessary areas. 330 Conibear *done right* in the bank den opening is lights out in about 5 minutes after hitting the trap and the dogs can't get too them (but otter can). No worry about CB bullets skipping off and going through the neighbors picture window either. But he might want $50 each to come trap them since the fur may not pay the gasoline right now.

Dan