Do let us know what you find out with that adventure! Don't know if this helps perspective or not, but the HVHP shorts will NOT penetrate hog necks thru and thru. Little more expansion, fragmentation, velocity, they stop on the bone. Badda bing.

Main points I see in your comparison with pistol bullets: 1) agree with the assessment of RN penetration. Whether or not a harder alloy is necessary depends a lot on velocity I'm thinking. CCI CB shorts run around BHN 7-8. 2) You have a LOT more power to fool around with when using pistols, be it a .25 ACP or a .454. Given larger calibers and heavier bullets there will be penetration advantage over CBs almost without regard to bullet form.

Shot a hog several years ago with a .44 caliber 300 grain paper patch bullet of pure lead. Quartering shot that wiped out the right shoulder, a bunch of ribs, vertebrae, left hip and then to rest under the skin on the offside ham. Total penetration as measured in a straight line was ~24". It's represents a power luxury not present with CBs.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain