But would you really be trading? That is what I am trying to figure out in this deal. I tend to look at it as you would would with pistol rounds for hunting. The round nose and SWC are your deep penetrators in handgun rounds, it is not really untill you get into soft points and hollow points that you start trading expansion for penetration. Of course, the fly in the ointment to this line of thinking is that most SWC handgun bullets are hard cast to make them non-expanding, versus on the .22 CB where the bullet is soft lead. You're going to make me go shoot some in a penetration test when my tool gets here just so I can see how much real difference there is.

Of course pigs aren't the kind of vermin I have running around my neighborhood so it is really a moot point for me, mainly acedemic. I just want to know. Actually, what I need is something that limits penetration, pass-throughs are a real concern for my type of varmit control, which is why my tool of choice is a .22 air rifle employed much the same way you use CB's.