Originally Posted by Dphar
Do I sound a little cranky? I am, I have hunted since I was old enough to cock a BB gun in the late 50s. I passed on a personal experience that I thought was relevant to the discussion. People immediately want to poke holes in it, tell me I didn't know what cartridge I used or make smart assed remarks so as to justify behavior that I and apparently some others here view as at least risky.

Actually you sound "a lot" cranky! Which turns me off sir. Makes me want to totally blow off and ignore everything you say as irrelevant to this particular thread. You disagree with someone? Fine. But as pointed out, "one experiment" does not a conclusion make! Now if you had tried dispatching several beavers, with more powerful backup ammo in the other cylinders - and more recent than 24 years ago, then maybe "your point" would be worthwhile. You're not much of a scientist or statistician? Are you?

Digital Dan writes about his expeiences, with humor and toungue and cheek. His style. I'll take what D-Dan says with a little (tiny bit) grain of salt, but so far his "experiences" seem consistent to me, and my more limited experiences shooting CCI CB ammo and a few Remington CeeBee's
that were discontinued, then started again recently. Haven't tried any since R-P resumed production.

My interest in shooting CB ammo isn't to dispatch hog, sine we don't have hogs in the North Wett. But "CB's" and CCI .22Short Target loads are part of my kit!

Digital Dan's experiences and writings are invaluable, in my opinion. I agree there should be a sticky on this thread! And many other D-Dan's threads regarding specialty .22 shooting and ammo choices. wink

Digital Dan: Thank you VERY MUCH for sharing your experiences, and also your whit and style. grin

Last edited by StubbleDuck; 02/05/10.