Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I disagree. Just a few short years ago in New Jersey,one guy killed several cops. At least 2 in a street battle and and a few more when a SWAT Team made an entry. He was shooting for the kill from the git-go, the Cops had to make the mental transition. He used a shotgun. There is a LOT about mindset that people don't understand or maybe even want to. Cops in general seem to have a disbelief that someone is actually going to do their best to actually KILL them. MOST criminals don't want to kill anybody let alone a cop. The ones who do however actually have the advantage.

Okay, I'm going to say it. BTW: I agree with you.

I have the complete Dirty Harry series. On one of the DVD is an interview with Eastwood and one of the questions asked was why the .44mag. Eastwood said he and the writers wanted to portrait Dirty Harry as a hunter and the handgun for a hunter was a S&W Model 29 in .44 mag. In all the Dirty Harry movies Harry is a hunter and a killer something a real cop in reality cannot be. Harry survives as well as he does because he is a hunter and a killer. Harry kills first and ask questions later. Again something a real cop in reality cannot do.

I've studied Doc Holiday and why he was such a successful gunfighter compared to his peers. Doc was dying by inches from tuberculosis. Doc was a dead man walking. He didn't care if he was killed in a gun fight as that was preferable to dying by inches. That fact gave Doc an advantage over his peers in a gun fight.

To sum up, a man who is a hunter, a killer, and a dead man walking has an edge over a man who is not a hunter, killer, and wants to live.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude