Now, Doc, why do we need to be burdend with 40 lbs. of gear ? It wouldn't be all of those loaded magazines you guys insist on for your spray and pray tactics would it ?
Yeah, I know. No army in the world uses Scout Rifles. So whose talking about equiping an army ? Or rifle squad ? What ever happend to the lone rifleman on his own a long way from home ? What ever happend to idea of single hits, firing once, and moving ?
How about making the other guy fight under circumstances where you, with, say a Scout Rifle, have the advantage ?
I find it fascinating that the US Marine Corps teaches their sniper scouts how to use and when to use their heavy sniper rifles in close quarter combat. Seems that they can be useful, but not ideal. Of course, when it comes to engaging targets way out there, the heavy sniper rifle has no peer.
My point is that the Scout Rifle is not an ideal close quarter weapon for rifle squads. Neither is it a dedicated long range sniper rifle for that work. But it does pretty well in either situation. E