Originally Posted by viking
I did not read all the posts, but a few.

We can all agree that it was tradgic day.
A lot of hard lessons were learned and newer tactics and equipment spawnd from it. The FBI adobted the 10mm, then we got the 40 cal. The 40 was refured to as the "40 short and wimpy" when it first came out. I think some guys thought they throttled it back to much. Then we got a number of different bullet designs, XTP's, Black Talons, Golden Sabres.....
Before the shooting a lot of cars did not have a rifle in them, maybe a shotgun. I think the FBI should have kept the State and local Officers informed what was going on and cordinated the stop. Sometimes I think they think/thought of the FBI as supercops, just yell FBI and they lay down and cuff themselves.

Very true. Most DEA, FBI, USMS offices, have local LE resources assigned to taskforces in the Feds operating areas. This due to local LEO's know the area & people better. Plus the locals LEO's help coordinate between local LE & the Feds. Manytimes there's cases that are intertwined that local agencies & Fed agencies are both working on.