Went out today with the WSSM to do a seating depth test to try to improve the 45.6 grain load, if it needed any.

I set out with 50 charged cases, my press, bullets, calipers and comparator. I already had 50 loaded up at the original OAL of development, so I thought I'd shoot them first to see if any changes needed to be made. I put up my homemade "shoot 'n see" targets on a stand in the F-class bay and raised it up for the test. There was quite a bit of wind today from right to left, so I dialed 2.5 MOA into the scope so I could hold right on my dot every time. I did the shooting at 600 yards.

I shot 2 shots and was impacting right so I took off 1.5 MOA and fired 3 shots.

Holy SCHITT! Got lucky with the conditions.

[Linked Image]

I let the barrel cool while I shot my .300 WM at the same range only to see the load needed some work. After the barrel cooled on the WSSM, I took out all of the wind correction on the scope and fired a 5 shot group in some variable 10 mph crosswinds.

[Linked Image]

Hey Tanner! That's what NO VERTICAL looks like!

Tough to beat or improve a load developed by the AUDETTE METHOD.

I just started seating bullets into the charged cases at the same OAL and shot some more for fun. The 5" plates were easy at 430 and 550

grin

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.