Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
some here are just dense, or so agenda driven that they won't understand.
No one is saying seatbelts are bad, or that they refuse to wear them when they feel it is appropriate.
Most are saying that it's not government's job to insist that folks wear a belt, or get a ticket.
As always, it's cops on one side, with their world view, and Citizens on the other, with the normal world view. laugh

Perhaps the cops also have the view which comes from a weariness of scraping, with squeegee and mop, the sorry remains of lifeless humans from the pavement?

It isn’t the smart people who need the law. I kind of feel the same about PFDs. It is after all the job of Coast Guard and SAR to protect/save idiots, isn’t it?

I’m not especially fond of a lot of the laws and regulations which are imposed on us - especially the ways they can be enforced upon us. However, I find the contrast with other countries to help with perspective at times. Nepal is a great way to see how traffic laws and rules that we have are not all that bad.

Actually, most cops don't GAF whether you wear a seatbelt or not, but will use the law as a pretext to investigate further. There are some agencies that require their officers to make certain number of "contacts" per day however, and seatbelt violators are easy pickin's.

Until you name drop that their sargeant is your brother grin