Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
Why don't school buses have seat belts...?

About twenty five million kids ride the school bus every day in our country, and nearly all of them are making the trip without a seat belt.

We�re required to wear seat belts in our cars, but why aren�t there seat belts in school buses...to protect the children...?
That's always perplexed me, as well.

From what I hear, there are no seats in a bus where there isn't a tall soft seat back in front of you now, for that reason. Not that it 'll do a damn thing for a rollover..... but impact wise its supposed to be about the same. At least thats what I've heard.

Still can't go the chit when I have to wear a belt, which I do unless I"m in a fire engine and the damn belt is too short to go around me with all my gear on plus SCBA gear.... go figure... but I wear em other than that, why do the cycle guys get off free?
I actually have yet to see a good cycle wreck without a helmet either. Always been head trauma and most of them dead or dying as I get there.

Don't think there have been any cars produced since the late 1960s/early 1970s that didn't have front seats without tall, soft seat backs.

Don't know if the guy on a radio show I was listening to was kidding or not, but allegedly the state he was calling from had tried to mandate seat belts on motorcycles. Sounds reasonable to me.

I have not seen a car with a front seat that was as tall and solid and blocking as a bus seat yet. I have seen around and over every seat when I've been in the cars. Yet for kids in a bus, I find the only way they can see is out a window or into an aisle. Still, all in all, one wonders why the "people" we often do ANYTHING for, to save just one, and so on, do not wear belts in a bus even...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....