Originally Posted by gitem_12
Day two of our "click it- or ticket" campaign, i normally don't write tickets during it.

But, if you are dumb enough to not pay attention to the big flashing signs that say CLICK IT OR TICKET and you get cited, maybe you should guess that they will likely be watching for seatbelts on that stretch of road the next day as well. If he hadn't told me he got cited yesterday for the same thing, he would have just gotten a warning today too

I hate these campaigns. I got in my truck one time in Frisco, Colorado and drove about two blocks towards I-70. I pulled on my seat belt after two blocks and evidently passed a city cop as I pulled the seat belt on. I saw him turn around and get behind me. I drove carefully, not knowing why he pulled a u-turn. Then, as I turned to get on I-70 he hit the lights and pulled me over. First thing he asked me about was my seat belt. I told him I was wearing my seat belt. Then I asked him why he pulled me over, because by law he can't pull me over for a seat belt anyway. He said my rear wheels crossed the white line on the entrance ramp. I told him he was wrong. He offered me a choice - no point and $75 for no seatbelt or $150 and three points points crossing the white line. What an asshat.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/23/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]