I have zero clue as to if La Rue has SS barrels or not, I've never heard, even though they shoot well. I've never heard any comments.

There are multiple reasons for owning firearms, and some folks want answers.

I personally am a bit leary of any one or company that won't answer a simple question like is your barrel SS. Or CM. Or treated in some way.

You could buy the most accurate La Rue out there and hunt in regions/climates that its more important to be a weather rifle than the most accurate.

I don't know about others but I have specific guns I go to for specific reasons. If you don't know what you buying its hard to justify at least for me.

I do know a few folks that buy name because they want to impress others, can't shoot the gun nearly to its ability and would have been better off with a rack grade PSA or such gun and a couple extra cases of ammo to learn to shoot better.

That comment is NOT directed at anyone on this thread or even this forum, but I know of these folks locally.

I"m not as verbal with them though, they feel its important, and so it is. One is my best friends nephew... wants a Barret in 338 LM... so he can tell all his buddies he has one. Bragging. We talked about it at a party the other week.

#1 he doesn't know how to shoot all that well.
#2 he has no place he could even warm that gun up
#3 he is paying for the name.

His wife agrees, she would rather him have something built thats a known, and pay for that, and be able to use it.

OTOH I do own a 50 bmg and I have no place to shoot currently past 1800 yards and really have no business owning it in many ways.. I don't compete with it, I have hunted it a few times and it does nothing at all impressive to game, have to go follow a blood trail just like the rest.

So ya can do what you want in reality, I just happen to prefer to point out options to folks that might save them either some headaches or money along the way. And especially since I'm not a caddy guy, but I sure might have a 496 under the hood of the caprice. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....