I saw remarks to such in a quick search but also found some stuff from early 2015 indicating a new quenching method or such coming up with a new lighter metal.

I didn't have time to follow it all out though, so the photo-shop joke is on me. Got it.
Not a joke on you at all, Jeff. I was just saying this is what I believe that stamp relates to. Before I posted my question about the steel, I did a bit of googling to see what I could find out without asking, if possible. When I did, I ran into the same picture another poster put up with the Rearden Steel logo and pursued that to the end I reported. So if it was on you, it was on me, too. smile

Just as Rearden Steel is a tongue in cheek, a "I'm smarter than you", kind of a thing (at least that's how it appears to me), so seems to be their customer service in dealing with simple questions like barrel steel. Too often, the more successful some people become, the more difficult they become. That's harder to accept within an industry like firearms, which is typically thought of as more close knit and ready to help. Maybe they really do have a new unique process and want to protect it. Who knows?

I'm expecting their barrels to be at least as good as any other $200 barrel I might buy, and maybe a little better. I probably can't expect much more than that, but I'll still hope for a little more. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.