Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for everyone....

Truth.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Using you 2.5 MOA gun example, since any 4 rounds can be anywhere within that 2.5moa circle, when the 4 rounds impact closer to the edge rather than the middle, how do you determine that it wasn't because of a zero shift instead of random distribution?

I don't. And I don't care.

Because the zero shift, or shooter error, or inaccurate ammo, or bullet weight that doesn't fit the twist, or random distribution, or any number of potential causes for the dispersion is always within that 2.5MOA circle and has been for the last 8 years or so that I've owned that rifle.

And that's all I need for what I do with that rifle. So I don't obsess over things that other people say should matter, that have no bearing on what I actually need to the gun to do, and I just enjoy it for what it is.

I skimmed over most of the middle of the post, I assume all of the questions were geared towards proving that it's important to know where your bullets will land and that ten shot groups are a good way to determine that.

And I don't have any argument with that.

But what I've realized, and what I tried to stress in my other recent post, was that having an accurate rifle and knowing where all of those shots will land from the bench....

1-Is relative. Because like my 2.5MOA rifle, 1" accuracy isn't necessary for what I do with the rifle.

2-Doesn't a rifleman make. It's a piece of the whole. It's the piece that people focus on the most because it's a piece that you can (within reason) buy skill in and accomplish while sitting in the shade.

Shooting from odd positions, from unsupported positions, at multiple targets, under field stress are also part of that puzzle that makes a rifleman a rifleman.

And that was the point I was trying to make yesterday. If our goal is to prove that we're riflemen, at some point we're going to have to step away from the bench and strive for something more than just MOA groups.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling