Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jorgeI

If the argument is couched solely on what you've written above, then there is no point of contention. It still does not INVALIDATE the fact that a 45 ACP is a superior cartridge OR the fact the 40 S&W was designed in response to the 10s heavy recoil and female agents, and the 9mm recoils even less.

For the purposes of law enforcement, the .45 is inferior.

As far as 9mm vs. 10mm, I invite you to shoot a qualification with a 9mm. Then shoot it the next week with full-tilt 10mm's.

Be sure and video your vagina hitting the deck by the time you get to the 25yd line.

Travis

Of course for LE the 9 is superior for LE, given the renowned record of LEOs and marksmanship, then spray and pray becomes central to their survival. Real combat has time and again proven the superiority of heavier bullets and stopping the enemy (as in for example, the various iterations we've had to go through with the 5.56, not to mention what combat veterans like ET have reported when up against the 7.62X39). Along those lines, I've spoken many times with a retired Army 0-6 Ranger who was a proponent of the M-16 because in his opinion it weighed much less than the 14 AND you could carry a hell of a lot more ammo so again in that regard the smaller, lighter caliber is better. Still he recognized the 7/62X51 as much superior as a man stopper and ability to penetrate

It also doesn't alter the fact of the timeline development of the 10 and the 40 and the reasons why. One does have to have the intellectual flexibility to take the discussion into separate levels though as in for example, the 45 in both the lab and real life has proven to be the superior cartridge when it comes to stopping power. Now, when other relevant data is plugged into the equation (as in officer un-marksmanship) then a belt-fed 9 is obviously the better tool.

Kevin, I din't imagine the female issue, then again I don't have the time to research it, but it looks like you have, so that works for me.

Last edited by jorgeI; 08/27/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”